Tips on Flying with Budget Airlines
Budget airlines are extremely cheap. Sometime you have to think to yourself, how can they do it so cheap? Budget airlines means their job is to get you from Destination A to Destination B but you receive no thills. Well you do but you will have to pay for them. And so you should when you are receiving your flight for almost nothing. On most budget airlines you will not receive a meal, in flight entertainment, a blanket, and you will only receive a 15kg luggage limit.
Remember it is a budget airline and you get what you pay for. Don’t complain about the service if you are paying less for a flight than what it takes to fill up your car with fuel.
These are our tips
- You are allowed to carry on 7kg in a carry bag but this bag is very rarely weighted. Attempt to place as much of your heavy goods in your carry on bag.
- If you require more than 15kg then up grade your weight to 20kg when you book the flight. This is a faction of the cost of a excess luggage bill.
- Wear on warm clothes. The warm clothes will stop you from becoming cold on the flight. Remember there are no blankets and on some low budget airlines, the flight crew staff are paid a commission of the goods they sell on board so they tend to turn the Air Conditioner up to sell more blankets.
- Also by wearing your warm clothes on board, it helps keep your luggage under 15kg.
- If you have a second jacket or jumper then carry it on with you, not only does it help with weight but is a excellent pillow. Remember you don’t receive a pillow on budget airlines.
- Don’t have a jacket or a jumper then take a pillow. It surely makes the flight a lot more comfortable.
- Wear your heaviest shoes. Shoes can weight a bit, this will also help with your 15kg weight limit.
- Remember there is no in flight entertainment. So take your ipod, mp3 players, lap top, book, magazine, mini dvd player. What ever is takes to entertain you and make the flight that much more pleasant.
- Eat before you get on board, yes you can buy food and drinks on board but this can save you that little bit more.
- If there is no seat allocation, head to the back of the aircraft, this is the most likely spot to find a seat with no one next to you. The reason for this is because most people enter a airplane and sit at the first seat they see available. Up the back is the best place to go where you may not have another passenger sit next to you.